July 27, 2011

1st Birthday Party - Invitations

I say it every 26th.  "I can't believe she's another month old!"  As of yesterday Jayna is one month shy of turning a year old!  And we just pushed her birthday party 2 weeks earlier so it is crunch time!  I've got the invitations all printed and pretty much ready to go besides postage so they will be in the mail today!  I am having so much fun planning this party!  Thanks to Pinterest, I came across the perfect theme: One Year Old in a Flash.  Stacy at Elle Belle Creative threw her daughter an awesome party that I am borrowing LOTS of ideas from.  I saw her invitations and I tried to create something similar, but with my own style.  It didn't really work out.  My creative juices just weren't flowing so they turned out pretty much the same and I love them!


Since I don't have any fancy software, I turned to my trusty Microsoft PowerPoint to create them.  I got the camera and filmstrip from an online scrapbook store, here.  And I downloaded a couple of the fonts for free from dafont.com.  It was a little tricky getting those pictures to fit in the filmstrip though.  Lots of trial and error, glad that's over with.



This is the insert I included with the invitations.  I love the idea of a time capsule and am really excited to see what people bring!  I also thought it was a nice alternative to bringing a gift.

A couple of notes on printing:  
  • Save your document as a PDF to get a clear printout when using Microsoft PowerPoint.
  • I copied and pasted so that there were 2 5X7 invitations on 1 8X10 sheet, and 5 3X5 inserts on 1 8X10 sheet.  This will save you $$ when you print them.
  • Before printing all of them I tested on different types of paper.  They looked the same hot off the printer, so I ended up ordering the gloss.  When I got home I liked the matte finish better.
Stay tuned for more party details!  The next few weeks will be jam-packed!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...